Monday, May 7, 2012

Rejuvenation

Golden Sunset of Siracusa

11" x 14"
C - Print
Siracusa, Sicily

Sometimes life gives you a little nudge at what may seem like the most unexpected times but ends up being when you really need it the most.

I have finally figured out that I may not know exactly where I am going with my art work or my life but to get where I eventually want to be means I have to stop making excuses and just go out and do what I love to do.
Recently I was given the opportunity to participate in a project that was being put together by a professor at the University of Hartford Art School.  They are putting together a published book "10 Years of UMass & Hartford Art School in Sicily".  Myself along with many other HAS Alum's had taken a Travel & Photo/Illustration class during undergrad that gave us the opportunity to travel the island of Sicily for 10 days.  All former students were able to submit a piece of work from Sicily and a current piece of art work. 
This project has rejuvenated me in so many ways.  I am making a digital portfolio of all my past work, which was all film; 35mm and large format.  I have a new camera, a Canon 5D Mark II, and have been going out shooting everything and anything trying to find what my new focus will be.  Plus, I am creating a blog where I will have my different portfolios available.  Being a photographer is who I am.  I'm not interested in traveling to places just to say I traveled there.  I want to show people the world in a way that they have never seen it before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment