Sunday, October 27, 2013

Connecticut Fall Foliage: A Trip Into the Litchfield Hills


New England Pond

Digital C-Print

    
                     I love New England, especially in the fall. I went for a drive into the Litchfield hills today and even though it is past "peak" leaf peeping, the colors in the landscape were still amazingly vibrant.
                     All the oak trees are starting to turn now (oak trees are usually the last to change color and drop their leaves). Driving through the Litchfield hills is almost therapeutic. The roads are long and swoop from side to side, almost like you are flying. Winding and twisting along the Housatonic river, up and down the hills, it's like you are in a dream. It was a beautiful fall day and probably one of the last of it's kind this season. If I had more time I would have stopped at a couple of the wineries up in the hills. Since I wasn't able to this time, that just means I definitely need to make another trip soon. If you can take a drive up into the hills before all the leaves have fallen I would absolutely recommend it.









No comments:

Post a Comment